My intention this month is to cleanse my chakras and connect my physical body to my energy body to reach a balance between spirit, body, earth and health, universality and grounding. I know, I KNOW this sounds like witch craft and not at all a Western world type of situation. I get that- trust me. I know how this sounds, but if it is good enough for the Hindu culture- It is worth a try.
If you have been following me, you all know that this is my year of Intentions toward a healthier lifestyle. My rollercoaster ride through anxiety has taken me to gynecologists, general practitioners, therapists and a psychiatrist. So, why not try some natural healing on the side?
- There are 7 chakras (or wheels) that run through the center of your body from your spinal cord
- These are the portals to which energy moves in and out of our physical body
- The heart chakra can clean negative energy. THE universal love frequency, a washing machine for all our dark energy or the negative energy of others.
- The root chakra is the deep stuff: past lives, ancestral karma, present life childhood trauma.
- The sacral chakra is known as the pleasure zone, the short term fix, the creative center.
- The solar plexus is the power house of our mind-body-soul system, our core strength.
- The throat chakra channels our communication, our ability to be our authentic selves
- Our third eye and crown chakras relate to connecting to the universe, seeing with our soul and expanding our consciousness.
- Chakras can get blocked, energy can get stuck. They should be open and free allowing energy to move as when required for a balanced system.
Determine Where to Begin and allow the energy to move from the south of your spine to the North.
Let the Healing Begin…
Begin to eat for your chakra. Focus your food consumption on yellow vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
Root Chakra: strawberries, raspberries, tomatoes
Sacral Chakra: oranges, bell peppers
Solar Plexus Chakra: chamomile, banana, lemons
Heart Chakra: lemon balm, green apples
Throat Chakra: sage and blueberries
third Eye Chakra: indigo veggies, lavender
Crown Chakra: red grapes, eggplant
2. Oils or Incense
Again, be aware of the smell that your chakra identifies with. Place these oils in your bathtub, add to your oil diffuser, make your own Epsom salt, wear lava rock around your wrist and add a drop of oil there, or simply burn your incense.
Root Chakra: St. Johnís Wort, Angelica, Patchouli and Frankincense
Sacral Chakra: Orange, Neroli, Clove, Juniper and Rosemary
Solar Plexus Chakra: Lemon, Rosemary, Peppermint, Yarrow and Marjoram
Heart Chakra: Melissa, Rosewood, Basil and Rose
Throat Chakra: Lemongrass, Sage and Blue chamomile
third Eye Chakra: Clary sage, Elemi, Spruce and Lavender
Crown Chakra: Geranium, Myrrh, Gotu Kola and Sandalwood.
Yoga has been known to release the energy that is being blocked or stuck in your particular chakra. The prana, or energy, can become released through movements, postures, and salutations. The connection between breathing and movement is exactly what your chakras ordered.
The attached photo is a great flow for your sacral and solar plexus.
Yes, the scary and intimidating word ‘Meditation’. Sit in a comfortable position, quiet your mind, shallow breaths in and out through your nose, imagine the color of your blocked chakra expanding as you inhale. Take your time and allow your mind’s eye to see the color wrapping you up like a big hug. (challenge yourself to sit for 5 minutes and work up to 20) It is completely worth it.
Like always, Quench your Thirst. Staying hydrated is the key to a clear and balanced life.
Follow me on Instagram @aubreysteinbrink throughout the month for some specific chakra yoga flows, recipes specific for your chakra, and affirmations.